The Top 10 Things to Look for in a Realtor
The first step in buying a home is finding that perfect house. In order to do that you need to find the perfect realtor.
Here are the top 10 things to look for in a realtor.
1. Get a licensed agent working full time. Part-time agents = part-time service
2. Get an agent with passion, enthusiasm and dedication. This is the agent who goes the extra mile to get the best results, even with the going gets tough.
3. Get an agent with market savvy. Consistent sales in a given neighborhood reveals geographic market smarts that can save money. Knowledge is key.
4. Get an agent who is creative. Look for someone who can write purchase offers that excite a seller and satisfy the buyer.
5. Get a tech-savvy agent. Most home transactions today begin on the Internet. All eventually get a technology assist.
6. Get a team player. A real estate agent with a network of professionals at his disposal can take the screws out of finding a good handyman, insurance agent, mortgage broker, home inspector or a variety of other home buying and owning professionals you will need.
7. Get an agent with a licensed right hand man or woman. You’ll often need someone to talk to when your agent isn’t available. A full time agent has more than one client.
8. Get a well-respected agent. Other agents make deals with agents they respect, trust and with whom they enjoy working.
9. Get the scoop on your agent. Ask to speak to past and present clients and ask to review multiple listing service (MLS) reports of his or her sales.
10. Get an agent you trust. It is imperative to select a Realtor who understands you.